Sunday, August 2, 2009

The "Day Before" Interview

Good Afternoon! We are now only one day away from lift off! With little material to work with thus far, I was lucky enough to nab an interview with the one and only, Miss Lauren. This interview takes place at 3pm CST during her road trip to Chicago, from Springfield, with her sister.

The interview...

H: Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions for the blog. So, how are you doing?
L: I'm great, thank you.

H: How do you feel?
L: I feel great.

H: Is Liz a good driver?
L: Liz is an exceptional driver... (sarcasm)

H: Why are you going to Chicago a day early?
L: So that we {Lauren and Liz} can go shopping tomorrow, and to make sure I get there in time.

H: What is your favorite color?
L: Purple.

H: How do you feel about the trip?
L: I feel like it's a success!

H: But we haven't even gone yet?
L: OH! I thought you meant my trip to Chicago... I'm excited/anxious.

H: Are you nervous?
L: I am nervous that we are going to get lost or that we are going to need to talk to somebody who does not speak English, which might be a problem in France or Italy.

H: Did you already think of something you forgot to pack?
[Liz giggles in the background]
L: That is a good question, let me think... Umm, no I haven't yet. I think I am pretty prepared.
Liz: (from the drivers seat) Oh gosh, your stuff is going to be scattered all over Europe Squee!
L: WHAT?! No its not!
Liz: I mean that your going to have too much stuff and have to leave some things behind. Maybe you should just mail some stuff home.
L: That's a good idea, maybe I'll do that.

H: Anyway, back to the interview. Name one article of clothing that you think you might have too much of?
L: I think I have too much sunscreen.
[Liz laughs hysterically in the background]
L: I have 1 sunscreen for my face, which is SPF 70.
[Liz laughs hysterically in the background]
L: I have a spray on sunscreen, which is SPF 50.
[Liz laughs hysterically in the background]
L: and then I have bullfrog, which is a cream sunscreen, SPF50.
[Liz laughs hysterically in the background]

H: Name one article of clothing that you think you could use more of?
L: Shoes. Absolutely.
[Liz: Oh! you could always use more shoes! Let's get some when we go shopping tomorrow]

H: What city are you most excited to see?
L: London, hands down.

H: What event are you most excited to participate in (and you can't say the Guinness tour, our family is reading this...)?
L: I think the Gondola ride in Venice, or the Theatre in London.

Now, for our french audience...

[Liz laughs in the background]

H: qu'est-ce que tu fais?
L: I don't know what that means.

H: Quels sont vos aliments préférés ?
L: Are you trying to trick me?

H: Votre soeur sent-elle ?
L: Is this still in french?
H: Yes.
L: I don't know French, you can't put this on the blog.
L: Harrison?! You can't put this on the blog.

H: Thank you for your time.

End Interview...

Well, as you can see I am desperate for material. I hope this was slightly amusing and gave you a sense of how we feel before the trip! Thank you for reading!

Lauren & Harrison

1 comment: