Friday, August 7, 2009

Fish N' Chips!

My legs are aching.

We spent the whole day walking around Kensington. We spent some time shopping in Notting Hill on Portobello Road, which was really beautiful. Hugh Grant and I hung out a little while the women shopped. We got a couple of paintings for the apartment. I must say, it takes a lot of restraint to not buy everything they had there. It was quite amazing. Later, we walked through the Kensington Gardens and visited the National History Museum.

We plan on getting dinner pretty soon and then going to a pub to better acquaint ourselves with the culture. I think I am well prepared to mingle. My Irish accent is actually part English accent, so I have been transforming my speaking to English. Every now and then a blatant Irish word is thrown into a conversion and people look at me funny, but I think overall I am doing well. And one time, because of Lauren's influence, I accidentally said "shiver me timbers!" but I don't think anyone was looking.
London is amazing. The city is gorgeous. I am quite impressed with the housing and artsy feeling of Kensington. The doors are all mostly different colors, and there are flowers everywhere. They seem to favor British cars. I am somewhat surprised that I haven't seen an "Eurocars", you know, the small ones.
Anyway, here are some pictures...







This is St. Patricks Cathedral in Dublin.
















This is the entrance of Portobello Road. We spent a lot of the day walking up and down this street. There are tons of shops and stuff, plus look at the houses. It was a sight to see.







This is at the Natural history museum. It was in a huge castle way bigger than most buildings I have seen. bigger than Union Station for sure. Anyway, I think the monkey on the right looks a little different?
We have so many more pictures that are a lot better. We just can never remember to take pictures with the phone. More will come.
Lauren & Harrison

2 comments:

  1. This is great stuff. I check this site several times a day until I read your update. Your putting a lot of effort into the process. I hope you can save all this when you get back for a scrapbook. Glad your having a great time. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your having a great time. Katie and Mason comes home this Monday. Thanks for staying in touch. Mom

    ReplyDelete